Our pride and strength lie in our motivated staff, our visually enthralling building which includes two science labs, two computer rooms, a spacious gymnasium, and a library. An array of resources are available which includes a state of the art technology facility. Over the years, we have had openings for teaching jobs. Interested applicants with experience in the field of choice are welcome to apply.
CBS selection process for its teaching positions is very competitive. Currently, there are kindergarten teacher job openings, high school teacher vacancy, high school principal vacancy, primary school teacher vacancies, school administrator jobs, elementary classroom teacher jobs, elementary principal job, kindergarten teacher vacancy, kindergarten teacher job openings overseas, homeroom teacher jobs, secondary school teacher vacancy, and primary school teacher jobs opening. At the least, all the teachers are expected to have a Bachelor’s degree and have some form of experience in teaching and don’t mind living outside Canada for at least a year. While there is a special priority given to Ontarian teachers, and teachers trained in Ontario, we also accept teachers from different nationalities that have the necessary degrees or certifications in the necessary subject areas.
Teacher at CBS must have:
• A bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required
• New teachers or Ontarian teachers will be considered
• Need for strong oral, spoken and written communication skills
• Native English or French speakers are preferred
Teaching at CBS goes way beyond the classroom. It is considered an advantage to deliver unique learning experiences and with the mixture of both Kuwaiti and international staff. All international staff and teachers at CBS become active members and establish new relationships and contacts while at CBS, this is to promote the family spirit amongst all members of staff and students. Being an international staff also adds positively to your resume. All teachers are required to score students tests and quizzes, and homework assignments, they are expected to create lesson plans, record attendance, complete report cards, and perform home runs and lunch duties. They will also be required to write year-long plans, meet with the parents of the students when it’s requested and complete student evaluations and progress reports. This attention to detail has helped built the school’s reputation and the success.
A collaborative partnership is reflected among all members of staff that help us achieve our shared goals. With our large and ever-growing number of students, we are working towards providing more teachers to take up necessary positions available.
Our aim at CBS is to provide students in Kuwait with a rich, enjoyable and lasting educational experience, no matter the age group they fall into. We also place a lot of emphasis on providing a curriculum that has been modified based on the one used in Ontario, so that our students can grow to be confident individuals that are caring, knowledgeable and internationally minded. We also have an aim to be different from other schools in Kuwait, that is why we provide and environment that is conducive to learning, with all the necessary learning facilities, comfortable boarding facilities with academic facilities that boost students learning experiences and staff such as high school vice principal, Kindergarten vice principal, secondary school English teacher, secondary school guidance teacher, secondary school science teacher that help see that all desired results in terms of academic progress and help encourage the students to become critical thinkers with a vast span of knowledge that grows every day, be it inside or outside the school premises. We provide service that encourages every child to reach their full potentials.
• Quality teaching and learning services;
• We respect and value every individual;
• Learning that’s take place in a manner that is accommodating to every member of the CBS family, from students to admin and to high school vice principal, Kindergarten vice principal, secondary school English teacher, secondary school guidance teacher, secondary school science teacher.
• We accept that it’s our duty to ensure the wellbeing of our students and environment.
At CBS, we attend teacher fairs and work hand in hand with universities especially those here in Ontario as we use only the Ontario Curriculum. We also use other methods and platforms such as the Professionally Speaking, Apply to Education, Search Associates and TIE Online. The technology at our disposal helps us to reach out to new recruits, so we are now implementing an “Ambassador” program as a recruitment wing of CBS. The website will enable us to reach teachers worldwide and help keep them informed and updated. To be able to provide such a service, we at CBS search for exceptional teachers all over Canada for roles like high school vice principal, Kindergarten vice principal, secondary school English teacher, secondary school guidance teacher, secondary school science teacher.
This program is accessed online, and it ranges from Administrators, present and past teachers and the Human Resource department here at CBS. All answers you questions and enquiries can be gotten through the site. Every teacher receives an embedded professional development to assist them in their teaching methods as well as weekly schedules, other future plans and access to Moodle lesson plans. In CBS, we are geared towards satisfying everyone, be it high school vice principal, Kindergarten vice principal, secondary school English teacher, secondary school guidance teacher, secondary school science teacher, admin, social workers, EAS at primary level, Division leaders, there is ample support available for you. We also know that teaching ESL students can be very challenging.
Our first step is to connect with you. We are looking for knowledgeable and committed teachers who are interested in helping us build the school together - and have a wonderful experience overseas. An adventure!
• We value each resume sent with an interest in CBS. A positive attitude, a team approach and a desire to teach while improving each student's performance is a priority and goal.
• Once we receive your resume we will set up an interview with you by phone, Skype or the internet. References are an important follow-up.
• When an interest is verified and references checked then a “Letter of Intent” is sent to you which delineates the offer as discussed. A confirmation of good health and a request for a copy of your passport page will be included. Assuming all is well, the next step will be the binding 2 year contract which is basically the LOI written in Arabic and English in legalese.
• Each step will be well set out for you by HR and easy to follow - the paperwork can be frustrating at times- but well worth it.
• We want those interested in teaching- but also offer a safe and very comfortable environment, a competitive and generous package and the chance to travel to so many exotic countries. If this is what your search has been for, then we are the right place for you. Hopefully this site will connect you to us and may your future shine by working with us.
Teaching abroad has its benefits, some can include housing allowances, rich relocation packages and all-expense paid flights when going and coming from your country and the beginning and end of the contract. Another benefit is that staff is offered an annual Professional Development (PD) allowance.
Teachers in Kuwait are paid well without tax affecting their salaries as well as other impressive benefits packages. Parents who have their kids in CBS are very welcoming to the international staff as well and hold the school to high esteem. That is why qualified candidates are required for the kindergarten teacher job openings, high school teacher vacancy, high school principal vacancy, primary school teacher vacancies, school administrator jobs, elementary classroom teacher jobs, elementary principal job, kindergarten teacher vacancy, kindergarten teacher job openings overseas, homeroom teacher jobs, secondary school teacher vacancy, and primary school teacher jobs opening.
Some other benefits of being an international staff at CBS
• A tax-free salary that is based on the experience and qualifications you have. And at the end of your contract grant you some settlement benefits
• Contract lasts for a period of two years if desired
• Housed teachers a provided with a single bedroom apartment that is fully furnished.
• Medical insurance is also provided by the Government.
• All residency expenses are borne by the school
• Transportation is also provided for teachers between school and accommodation facilities